Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wet dog shakes


Today's ride was really, really, nasty. The roads are gritty. The rain was almost constant. The winds howled. 

I love it.

I got to ride my bike through Napa Valley.

I couldn't shoot much because of the rain. My gloves were soaked through with a couple of minutes, and it was just too hard to work through them. Here's a phone shot during a brief pause in the rain. I ditched the rain coat (attempting to will the rain away) and snapped a few pics, but I don't have much hope for anything spectacular. The rain picked back up - why bother putting the coat back on over a rainy kit? - and so the rest will come from the warm confines of the Camry. I'm off for another coffee to warm up. Next stop, wine tasting. Then lunch at Oakville Grocery. 

I miss my wife more now than ever before. This is most definitely our place.

I'll try and get back before leaving. The tour comes through in a couple of hours, and then I'm off to San Francisco. I hope my gear dries out before tomorrow's ride, but it almost doesn't matter if the rain keeps up through the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment